Defective Motorcycle Equipment Lawyer
The Denver motorcycle accident lawyers at McDermott Law are experienced at building motorcycle accident lawsuits based on claims of defective motorcycle equipment.
An Experienced Motorcycle Rider and Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Regardless of how careful riders are when operating their motorcycles, in some cases, the equipment on their motorcycles fails to work properly and, as a result, increases their risk of getting into a serious motorcycle accident. Some specific types of equipment failure and malfunctions that can plague motorcycles include (but are not limited to):
- Tire failure and tire blowouts
- Engine problems
- Fuel line problems
- Faulty wiring
- Brake failure
- Clutch failure
- Wheel problems
- Steering lockup or other steering problems
- Problems with turn signals or other lights on the motorcycle.
Causes of Defective Motorcycle Equipment (Product Liability Lawsuits)
Some of the factors that can contribute to the malfunctioning of motorcycle equipment may include:
- Road hazards and dangerous roadway conditions – When road hazards cause motorcycle equipment failure, the party responsible for maintaining the road can be held liable for accident victims’ injuries and losses. In many cases, this party can be a city, county and/or construction company.
- Poorly designed equipment that has a high risk of failure – In this case, the motorcycle manufacturer or the specific company that designed the malfunctioning part can be held legally liable in a motorcycle accident lawsuit.
- Poorly manufactured or improperly assembled equipment that is, for example, assembled with cheap or low-quality parts – In this case, the company responsible for making and assembling the malfunctioning equipment can be named as the defendant in a motorcycle accident lawsuit.
- Improperly or poorly maintained equipment – In this case, the specific technician, shop or dealership responsible for the motorcycle’s maintenance may be held legally liable (as long as the owner of the motorcycle was doing his part to properly maintain the bike). Additionally, if the rider and owner are not the same individual, then the owner of the motorcycle may also be named as a defendant in a motorcycle accident lawsuit.
The Trusted Denver, Colorado Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at McDermott Law
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in a motorcycle accident and suspect that defective vehicle equipment may be to blame, you will need a skilled attorney to fight for your rights. For more than 20 years, the Denver motorcycle accident lawyer at McDermott Law has been dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims build the strongest possible cases and obtain the compensation they need and deserve. In addition to standing up to insurance companies outside of court, our experienced lawyers are effective at confronting defense lawyers in the courtroom in order to help our clients secure the maximum possible settlements for their injuries and losses.
Our extensive knowledge of personal injury law, our vast litigating experience and our unflinching dedication to our clients allows our attorneys to consistently provide motorcycle accident victims with the best possible representation for any type of accident claim. Our ultimate goal is to help our clients resolve their cases as beneficially and efficiently as possible.
For more information about your legal rights and entitlements, along with a professional evaluation of your potential case, set up a complimentary consult with our lawyers by calling us at (303) 964-1800 or by emailing us using the form on this screen.